Thursday, July 25, 2013

Famous Authors Thoughts On Wine

“If we sip the wine, we find dreams coming upon us out of the imminent night”
D.H. Lawrence

 “One should always be drunk. That's all that matters...But with what? With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you chose. But get drunk.” ― Charles Baudelaire

 “Accept what life offers you and try to drink from every cup. All wines should be tasted; some should only be sipped, but with others, drink the whole bottle.” ― Paulo Coelho, Brida

 “Give me books, French wine, fruit, fine weather and a little music played out of doors by somebody I do not know.” ― John Keats

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.” ― Ernest Hemingway, A Moveable Feast

 “Wine is one of the most civilized things in the world and one of the most natural things of the world that has been brought to the greatest perfection, and it offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than, possibly, any other purely sensory thing.” ― Ernest Hemingway

“his lips drink water but his heart drinks wine” ― E.E. Cummings

"She spoke my name like a french whore calling for laudanum, a raspy anxiousness- and in that moment I reached out for the wine, and in her haste she reached for, and tasted myself"
Igor Trumble-  Thus I sat


“Beer is made by men, wine by God.” ― Martin Luther

“We all need something to help us unwind at the end of the day. You might have a glass of wine, or a joint, or a big delicious blob of heroin to silence your silly brainbox of its witterings but there has to be some form of punctuation, or life just seems utterly relentless.” ― Russell Brand, My Booky Wook

“[I]t is the wine that leads me on, the wild wine that sets the wisest man to sing at the top of his lungs, laugh like a fool – it drives the man to dancing... it even tempts him to blurt out stories better never told.” ― Homer, The Odyssey

“Aw I don't wanta go to no such thing, I just wanta drink in alleys.'... But you'll miss all that, just for some old wine.' There's wisdom in wine, goddam it!' I yelled. 'Have a shot!” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums

No comments:

Post a Comment